GEM SAFARI TOUR
Kenya Tour Overview
N&H Crystals and Mine tours are culturally immersive trips created by us to show you a rounded portrayal of the country you visit and leave you with new beautiful memories that will last a lifetime.
We work with the best local operators to provide you with the highly personalised Kenyan adventure you’ve always dreamed of but without the hassle of planning it all yourself!
* Duration: 3 nights/4 days
* Date: May 31 - June 3 2018
* Start: Nairobi Madarka Express Train Terminal
* Finish: Nairobi Madarka Express Train Terminal
* Maximum group: 8 ( 7 participants, 1 group leader)
* Group Leader: Sein
* Minimum age: 18
* Cost $825 CAD/ $640 USD per person
* Deposit: $300 CAD/$250 USD
* Balance Due: April 25 2018
Kenya Safari Gem Tour Itinerary
Day 1: Nairobi/Tsavo - Thursday May 31st
After a early breakfast we will depart Wasini Luxury Hotels for the Madaraka Express Train at 5:30AM to reach the Train Station for 6:30 AM. The train leaves promptly at 8AM. Enjoy the four hour train ride into Tsavo National Park, stopping at Voi train terminal in the early afternoon. Your new home for the next 3 nights and 4 days Voi Wildlife Lodge. Take the rest of the evening to relax, reflect and take in the amazing landscape. Over dinner we will go over the Mine tour details with a Ministry of Mining geologist, history of the gemstone industry in East Africa and the world, safety while at the mine, and supplies we will be bringing to the miners (bottled water etc).
*The rooms are 2 people per room*
Included: Breakfast at Hotel, Dinner at Gem Safari Lodge
Not Included: Lunch on Train
Day 2: Tsavo - Friday June 1st
After breakfast we will hit the road for the 2 hour drive to the mines. Upon arrival at the first mine known for red garnets, rubies and sapphires we will meet and greet with some miners and the mine geologist. We will listen to their stories of how gemstones are formed with an interactive class demonstrating how to spot a 'vein' and knowing where to start digging. The second mine, known for amethyst, sapphires, aquamarines, green garnets and smoky quartz we will be given a chance, if desired, to dig for your own special piece to take home. We will again listen to the miners stories and get an insider perspective into the gemstone industry rarely scene in the media. We will depart for lunch at an iconic location for a relaxing bush lunch/picnic. After lunch, the third mine we will visit was once owned by American businessman JP Morgan. We will see large scale gemstone mining in action and speak with the current owner who is world renowned in the gemstone industry. Relaxing dinner and personal time back at the lodge to end the day.
Included: Breakfast, Packed Lunch and Dinner at Gem Safari Lodge
Day 3: Tsavo - Saturday June 2nd
Wake Up before dawn for a safari game drive through Tsavo national park - largest game park reserve in Kenya. We will have a bush breakfast and watch the sunrise over the magnificent savannah landscape. After breakfast we will continue to drive around looking for animals as we head to iconic panoramic view on top of Lions Rock. Lion's rock is known for its 360 degrees panoramic views over the golden green savannah rolling away to the foothills of Mount Kilimanjaro, the North and South Pare Mountains and the Taita Hills. Here we will have a brief champagne toast on our last day of safari. As we depart back to the lodge we will stop briefly at Voi War cemetery - a forgotten piece of Kenya's colonial past and a Maasai Village. Once back at the lodge the rest of your day is at your pleasure. Activities can be arranged in advance for people who would like to go into Voi town to see the market etc.
Included: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner at Gem Safari Lodge
Day 4: Tsavo/Nairobi - Sunday June 3rd
Check out of Voi Wildlife Lodge for the journey back to Nairobi. We will take the 4 hour Madarak Express Train from the Voi Train terminal to Nairobi. Arrival in Nairobi will be in the mid afternoon. Please arrange to be picked up at the train station or let us know in advance if you would like to be dropped at your lodgings in Nairobi. Thank you for coming on your first Gemstone Safari Tour!
(Optional - Group dinner at Kenyan cuisine restaurant Nyama Mama)
Included: Breakfast at Gem Safari Lodge
Not Included: Lunch on Train and Dinner at Nyama Mama Restaurant
Please bear in mind that the itinerary is subject to minor changes. But whatever happens, we'll endeavour to make sure you have an amazing trip!
Total Trip Cost:
$825 CAD/ 640 USD per person
3 nights/4 days
- Accommodation as stipulated in the itinerary.
- Transportation in a chauffeur driven Safari Minivan with a pop up roof for ease of game viewing photography.
- Gemstone Mine Tour
- Transportation from Nairobi to Lodge return
- Game drives as indicated.
- Services of a professional English speaking driver guide.
- Two game viewing drives per day
- All Government taxes and levies and Park entrance fees
- Complimentary 500 ml mineral water per person per day in the safari vehicle.
- 24 hours stand-by contact number.
- Meals as indicated and non-alcholic beverages
Fees not included:
- International flight and departure taxes.
Travel clinic (please check from countries you are flying from if shots are mandatory)
Kenya Visitor visa (E- Visa can be purchased online for $50 USD)
- All items of personal nature e.g. telephone call bills, laundry, fax/email bills etc. Tips and gratuities to hotel, lodges, camp staff and driver- guide(s).
- Alcoholic beverages
- Any other item(s) not included in our itinerary.
Meals not included:
Day 1: Lunch on Train
Day 4: Lunch on Train
- Rates quoted are net and non commissionable
- Rates are subject to change without prior notice
- Confirmation is subject to availability at the time of reservation